Friday, May 14, 2010

Crochet Cushion

For my Mother's birthday in April I had a go at making a crocheted cushion cover based on this pattern that I found on ravelry for dishcloths.


I used chunky machine washable 100% wool in a dark red and grey marl. The yarn was nice and soft to work with, not splitty, and the finished cushion is nice and snuggly thanks to the thick fabric that the chunky wool creates.


You can see here that the way the pattern is worked, you end up joining the seam across the middle of one side of the cushion.


But because I wasn't posting the cushion inner to New Zealand, I left it open and send some spare red yarn to Mum so she could sew it up herself.


All in all I think it was a success and a really easy pattern. I would like to try it in a finer yarn next time and maybe in single crochet instead of double, to see if it works in a thinner material etc.

Happy Birthday Mum!

1 comment: