Friday, October 16, 2009

Brides and Feathers

Wow. It's been a while huh? My bad, I hope you have all been ok without my in-frequent posts. I have been super busy and also went for a much needed holiday to Tuscany (via London) for a friends wedding. Oh god it was good. Beautiful setting, beautiful ceremony, beautiful couple.

Before I left I asked the bride if there was anything I could help with, and she asked if I could make her something to wear in her hair. I freaked out, but of course I agreed. I don't have much experience making things for the hair but I knew I had enough time to learn.

So after a few emails back and forwards we decided on a blue feather number (no peacock!) with some sparkly bits thrown in to tie it to the dress. The whole wedding had a vintage 1920's theme, and K's dress was an original flapper dress from the era.

Below is the final product:


K was such a relaxed bride that she put all her trust in my judgement and said that she was sure I would make something great. Awww, so nice. Me being based in New York, Kate in London and the wedding in Tuscany meant that she didn't see it until the day before the wedding (eeek!), but she loved it in the end and it looked great.

Here is Kate and I at the post-ceremony cocktail hour (first face photo of me on the site *gasp*).


So pretty right?

I was a LITTLE bit paranoid about K not liking the blue headpiece so I made a back up, based on a picture of a ban-do headband K had sent me.


And here is me wearing it:


K liked this one to, but in the end the blue one won out.

No comments:

Post a Comment