Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cushions: Part 1

Below is a cushion/throw pillow I made for my bed. I'm trying to (eventually) get to a grey/silver, white, yellow and neutral palate for the bed "area". This cushion was step one.


The inner is from Ikea (28" x 28" or 72cm x 72cm) and the cover was made from a natural linen with metallic silver splatters from Mood. I probably shouldn't have chosen linen for the bed since its gets pretty wrinkled. Lesson learned.


The pattern I basically guessed, its just a square with an overlapping square at the back, to slip the pillow into. I am going to add some domes or velcro to the split as I didn't have quite enough material to make a big overlap.


I have another cushion inner the same size, so am currently deciding whether I want a matching cover, or perhaps another pattern/colour.


Anyway let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions!

PS: Comments are now moderated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment